Source Galileo is a young company but with a deeply experienced team. Over the last twenty years, the team have been delivering renewable energy projects at increasing scale internationally. They have established the company to continue making this contribution to the transition away from fossil fuel dependency.
The Company brings together the industrial experience of the team at Source Galileo and the Investment backing of Galileo who also have deep sectoral knowledge with their own development background. Galileo shareholders include some of the largest Institutional Investors based in Australia & New Zealand.
The Company is currently developing large scale offshore wind projects along with solar, battery and hydrogen projects in Ireland, the UK, Norway. We need to increase the size of our team to deliver the existing pipeline of projects and also explore new opportunities. If you’re looking for a new role at the frontline of the energy transition, please come talk to us.
Our company culture is rooted in mutual respect, teamwork, and a passion for delivering high quality, well managed projects. We care about people, the impact of our projects and the improvements we can make to our environment. Our processes build on well-established development and delivery models, but we have the freedom to innovate and create new ways to work. We are determined to grow together, learn from each other, and have fun on the way.
The role reports to the Chief Development Officer and you will work in the UK development team and manage on all matters relating to land, planning and grid for new projects in the UK. You will also be interfacing with a variety of stakeholders such as landowners, grid connectors and local planning authorities.
You will be required to take initiative and make preliminary assessments on opportunities identified. You will work with the internal development team to determine viability of the projects.
- Responsible for supporting the development of utility scale PV & BESS portfolio from inception through to project closeout.
- Responsible for feeding into project budget, risk management, health and safety and quality review.
- Review grid, land and planning issues for potential sites.
- Make sure that all planning submissions, appeals and RFI’s are lodged in a timely manner.
- Prepare preliminary layout designs for sites identified.
- Use PM tools to keep track of all potential opportunities.
- Understand differences in substation configurations and provide value driven decisions to various internal stakeholders.
- Active, enthusiastic involvement in all other elements of project development including, but not limited to, commercial, HSEQ, finance and engineering.
- Positive contribution to the growth and culture of the company.
The global requirements for renewable energy are huge and Source Galileo will grow significantly over the next decade to help meet that need. We are proactively developing our offshore wind projects while simultaneously exploring other opportunities. This environment creates significant potential for growth and development of individuals within the company. We are committed to supporting that development through mentoring, coaching, further education and promoting talent internally.
- An appropriate education with 5-8 years in relevant roles.
- Experience in similar roles in renewables or other large infrastructure projects would be ideal but other applicable experiences may be just as valuable.
- PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent project management qualification.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of working with regulators, stakeholders and the planning process.
- An understanding of the key policy drivers, economic levers, and related legislation facilitating the development of these projects.
- Excellent team player with a track record of relationship building at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Good organisational skills with strong ability to multitask.
What we offer:
- A competitive renumeration package including salary, annual bonus, healthcare, and pension contribution
- A long-term incentive plan that shares the benefits with those who created the value.
- 25 days annual leave.
- A flexible working environment – homeworking options and practical annual leave policies.
- A dynamic, fun, and fast-paced working environment with opportunities to grow and develop.
- The chance to make a positive difference to our energy future.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the form on this page.