Source Galileo is a young company but with a deeply experienced team. Over the last twenty years, the team have been delivering renewable energy projects at increasing scale internationally. They have established the company to continue making this contribution to the transition away from fossil fuel dependency.
The Company brings together the industrial experience of the team at Source Galileo and the Investment backing of Galileo who also have deep sectoral knowledge with their own development background. Galileo shareholders include some of the largest Institutional Investors based in Australia & New Zealand.
The Company is currently developing large scale offshore wind projects along with solar, battery and hydrogen projects in Ireland, the UK, Norway. We need to increase the size of our team to deliver the existing pipeline of projects and also explore new opportunities. If you’re looking for a new role at the frontline of the energy transition, please come talk to us.
Our company culture is rooted in mutual respect, teamwork, and a passion for delivering high quality, well managed projects. We care about people, the impact of our projects and the improvements we can make to our environment. Our processes build on well-established development and delivery models, but we have the freedom to innovate and create new ways to work. We are determined to grow together, learn from each other, and have fun on the way.
The role reports to the Head of Offshore and will be focused on offshore projects in Ireland with opportunities to work on the rest of the company’s portfolio. The primary responsibility is the management of the relationship with all stakeholders in the project from members of the local community to government officials.
• Ownership of the stakeholder and community engagement strategy for each of the projects.
• Understand, plan, and demonstrate the key components of stakeholder management – communication, consultation, compromise, empathy, feedback and taking responsibility.
• Advocate and represent for various stakeholders and stakeholder management within the project team.
• Manage the governance, recording and reporting associated with stakeholder engagement.
• Take care of the practical elements of engagement across multiple channels from social media and in-person events to more formal communications.
• Active, enthusiastic involvement in all other elements of project development including health and safety, recruitment, bid preparation and supporting colleagues.
• Positive contribution to the growth and culture of the company.
The global requirements for renewable energy are huge and Source Galileo will grow significantly over the next decade to help meet that need. We are proactively developing our offshore wind projects while simultaneously exploring other opportunities. This environment creates significant potential for growth and development of individuals within the company. We are committed to supporting that development through mentoring, coaching, further education and promoting talent internally.
• An appropriate education with 4-8 years in relevant roles.
• Experience in similar roles in renewables or other large infrastructure projects would be ideal but other applicable experiences may be just as valuable.
• Exposure to activities such as developing and managing stakeholder engagement plans, tracking the impacts of large projects on different groups and communicating with a variety of different demographics using a broad selection of appropriate tools and methods.
• Excellent team player with a track record of relationship building at all levels.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Good organisational skills with strong ability to multitask.
What we offer:
• A competitive renumeration package including salary, annual bonus, healthcare, and pension contribution.
• A long-term incentive plan that shares the benefits with those who created the value.
• 25 days annual leave.
• A flexible working environment – homeworking options and practical annual leave policies.
• A dynamic, enjoyable, and fast-paced working environment with opportunities to grow and develop.
• The chance to make a positive difference to our energy future.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the form on this page.