Source Galileo is a young company but with a deeply experienced team. Over the last twenty years, the team have been delivering renewable energy projects at increasing scale internationally. They have established the company to continue making this contribution to the transition away from fossil fuel dependency.
The Company brings together the industrial experience of the team at Source Galileo and the Investment backing of Galileo who also have deep sectoral knowledge with their own development background. Galileo shareholders include some of the largest Institutional Investors based in Australia & New Zealand.
The Company is currently developing large scale offshore wind projects along with solar, battery and hydrogen projects in Ireland, the UK, Norway. We need to increase the size of our team to deliver the existing pipeline of projects and also explore new opportunities. If you’re looking for a new role at the frontline of the energy transition, please come talk to us.
Our company culture is rooted in mutual respect, teamwork, and a passion for delivering high quality, well managed projects. We care about people, the impact of our projects and the improvements we can make to our environment. Our processes build on well-established development and delivery models, but we have the freedom to innovate and create new ways to work. We are determined to grow together, learn from each other, and have fun on the way.
The Head of Accounting will report to the Chief Financial Officer and the role is Dublin-based with an element of necessary business-related travel. In addition to the normal executive responsibilities that go with such a role, the Head of Accounting will be expected to participate fully in the general management of the business as a member of the Senior Management Team
Scope of responsibility for the role across the Source Galileo Group
- The Accounting Function
- Budgeting, Cashflow forecasting, Financial Modelling
- Management Information and Reporting in support of the Business
- Company Secretarial
- Member of the Senior Management Team
The global requirements for renewable energy are huge and Source Galileo will grow significantly over the next decade to help meet that need. We are proactively developing our offshore wind projects while simultaneously exploring other opportunities. This environment creates significant potential for growth and development of individuals within the company. We are committed to supporting that development through mentoring, coaching, further education and promoting talent internally.
- Qualified financial accountant with a minimum of 8-10 years’ relevant industry experience
- Self-starter with an ambitious attitude and a desire to lead and build a best-in-class Accounting Function
- Experience in preparing Board reports, analysing data, and assisting in strategic decisions within the organisation
- International financial experience/awareness a distinct advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent team player with a track record of relationship building at all levels.
What we offer:
- A competitive renumeration package including salary, annual bonus, healthcare, and pension contribution
- A long-term incentive plan that shares the benefits with those who created the value.
- 25 days annual leave.
- A flexible working environment – homeworking options
- A dynamic, fun, and fast-paced working environment with opportunities to grow and develop.
- The chance to make a positive difference to our energy future.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the form on this page.