Source Energie is a new company but a deeply experienced team. Over the last twenty years, the team have been delivering renewable energy at increasing scale across the globe. They have established the company to efficiently deliver large scale electricity generation, storage and conversion projects that reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.
We are currently developing offshore wind, solar, battery and hydrogen projects in Ireland, the UK, Norway and are looking at other jurisdictions. We need to increase the size of our team to deliver this pipeline of projects and explore new opportunities. If you’re looking for a new role at the frontline of the energy transition, please come talk to us.
Our company culture is rooted in mutual respect, teamwork, and a passion for delivering high quality, well managed projects. We care about people, the impact of our projects and the improvements we can make to our environment. Our processes build on well-established development and delivery models, but we have the freedom to innovate and create new ways to work. We are determined to grow together, learn from each other, and have fun on the way.
The role reports to the Head of Irish Offshore and will be focused on offshore wind projects in Ireland with opportunities to work on the rest of the company’s portfolio. The primary responsibility is the management of onshore and offshore grid connection design and development from the export substation to the system operator connection point.
• Managing the Projects’ grid applications and providing advice and strategic direction to the Project Team.
• Managing the delivery of onshore and offshore grid infrastructure studies, from early-stage feasibility studies and concept design through to grid code compliance studies and detailed design.
• Managing teams of consultants, reviewing technical reports and progressing solutions to technical grid issues.
• Liaising with Eirgrid and other statutory bodies, ensuring that projects are developed in accordance with required functional specifications.
• Maintain awareness of emerging grid technologies and lead our understanding of new innovations, technology, techniques, and tools relevant to the connection of offshore wind at scale.
• Active, enthusiastic involvement in all other elements of project development including health and safety, recruitment, bid preparation and supporting colleagues.
• Positive contribution to the growth and culture of the company.
The global requirements for renewable energy are huge and Source Energy will grow significantly over the next decade to help meet that need. We are proactively developing our offshore wind projects while simultaneously exploring other opportunities. This environment creates significant potential for growth and development of individuals within the company. We are committed to supporting that development through mentoring, coaching, further education and promoting talent internally.
• An appropriate education with 5-15 years in relevant roles.
• Experience in similar roles in renewables or other large infrastructure projects would be ideal but other applicable experiences may be just as valuable.
• Understanding of onshore and offshore platform substation technologies, cable corridor route selection and export connections.
• Working knowledge of the grid application process and grid code compliance in Ireland.
• Exposure to activities such as grid infrastructure development, grid application process and grid code compliance.
• An understanding of HVAC and HVDC technologies.
• Excellent team player with a track record of relationship building at all levels.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Good organisational skills with strong ability to multitask.
What we offer:
• A competitive renumeration package including salary, annual bonus, healthcare, and pension contribution.
• A long-term incentive plan that shares the benefits with those who created the value.
• 25 days annual leave.
• A flexible working environment – homeworking options and practical annual leave policies.
• A dynamic, enjoyable, and fast-paced working environment with opportunities to grow and develop.
• The chance to make a positive difference to our energy future.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the form on this page.